Monday, March 31, 2014

How to Fake a Gel Mani

When it comes to my mani, I'm all about the shine...and I've found the shiniest of shiny top coats, Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat ($6 at Ulta).  I put it over my nail polish one day and was delighted to see that it made my polish look as shiny as a gel formula.  The thicker formula makes it look glossier than any other top coat that I've tried and helps protect your polish from chipping.  This is a great gel-alternative for me.  Even though I really like the mirror shine of gel manicures, I don't generally get them because I find that they can be a little too harsh on my nails.  Luckily, I can fake one with Big Shiny.  For the optimal gel effect, use Big Shiny over a thicker polish formula.  I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri ($5 at Ulta), but you can also try Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel ($8 at Ulta).







One of these pictures is a gel mani and one is a Big Shiny mani.  Can you tell which one is which?

No comments:

Post a Comment