Here are some of the benefits:
- Antioxidant protection against free radical damage.
- Pumpkin enzymes and acids provide mild exfoliation to soften skin.
- Pumpkin extracts contain vitamin A and C to help promote cell turnover, and boost radiance.
- Pumpkin oils are rich in vitamin E and fatty acids that help calm skin, regulate oil production, and fight blemishes.
Luckily, there are a few fabulous healthy, pumpkin skincare products. Try this autumn-inspired bedtime regiment:
1. Cleanse with the MyChelle Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser ($18 at Whole Body). In addition
to pumpkin extract, it has honey enzymes and algae extracts to help detoxify and soften even the most sensitive skin.
2. Exfoliate with the DermaQuest Mini Pumpkin Peel ($22 on skinmedix.com) with pumpkin puree for mild exfoliation and skin nourishment.
3. Tone with the Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Rinse ($14 on skincarebyalana.com). This product uses pumpkin extract in conjunction with other beneficial ingredients like honey extract to help maintain a proper pH balance, moisturize, freshen, and protect the skin.
4. Treat your skin to the Eminence Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque ($52 on skin1.com), which is packed with tons of powerful skincare ingredients such as pumpkin puree, aloe, willowbark, green tea, orange pulp, and avocado oil to provide deep hydration as well as nutrients to soothe, condition, repair, and protect.
5. Brighten your complexion with the Om Aroma & Co. Pumpkin Seed Night Organic Serum ($58 at omaroma.com) to boost radiance by promoting cell regeneration and locking in moisture. Rose hip oil also works to even out your skin tone and lighten dark spots.
6. Moisturize with the MyChelle Pumpkin Renew Cream ($27 at Whole Body), formulated with pumpkin seed oil as well as organic shea butter to provide skin-saving nutrients and
long-lasting hydration while still allowing your skin to breathe.
Currently, there aren't many pumpkin-based products on the mass market. MyChelle is one of the few brands that has a really nice selection of pumpkin products, and I have yet to try one of their products that I didn't like. Also, unlike some of the other pumpkin brands, which are sold exclusively online,
Don't forget that eating pumpkin can be great for your skin too! Whether you add a scoop of pumpkin puree to your oatmeal in the morning, pick up a pumpkin muffin on your way home from work, or split a slice of pumpkin pie with a friend, your skin will enjoy it as much as your taste buds do.