Monday, October 7, 2013

Marble Nails

I'm usually pretty conservative with my nails...I tend to go with the French mani look because it's simple, classy, and matches with everything.  But I must say that sometimes, seeing all of the fun, bright nail colors in stores, makes me more adventurous with my nails.  I'm pretty awful with nail art, so I've found that marbling it is a quick and easy way to spice up my manicure.

Use your nail polish brush and drop a dot of each color (that's about 1/4 the size of your nail) on your nail. It works best with "gooey" formulas like Sally Hansen Insta Dri ($5.49 at drugstores) or Revlon Colorstay Longwear ($7.99).  I prefer the Sally Hansen Insta Dri because it as you can infer from its name, it dries in 60 seconds (just make sure you seal it with a top coat to prevent chipping).  Then, take a toothpick, and swirl the colors together in a circular motion, covering the surface of your nail.  And voila!  You have nails that are interesting, yet not over the top.





















Sally Hansen 2013 Limited Edition Rent the Runway Insta Dri Collection in Style Steel and Pink Fast.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment