Monday, February 17, 2014

My Triple Shine Birthday Party!!

A few weeks ago, it was my birthday!  So what better way to celebrate than with a mani party?  My absolute favorite new nail polish is Sally Hansen Triple Shine ($5 at drugstores), so it was a Triple Shine b-day mani party.  I'm all about the shine, and this stuff is definitely the shiniest, non-gel formula that I've encountered.  Since the formula isn't super thick, I was surprised that my mani lasted pretty much a week with minimal chipping.  The brush is also a nice feature.  It's similar to the Sally Hansen Insta Dri ($4 at Walmart) brush.  Although it's a little thick for the precise application necessary for French manicures, nail art, etc., it allows you to coat your entire nail in one or two strokes for a fast and easy application.  And you can't forget the packaging...isn't it just adorable?




Anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with pink and wear pink nail polish pretty much all of the time.  I'm in love with the "Clam Up" shade because it's a really pretty light slightly iridescent pink color.  And of course to add some excitement, I like to do an accent nail with some glitter.  "Twinkled Pink" worked perfectly here.  Don't forget to top it off with the Triple Shine Top Coat ($5 at drugstores) for the full shine effect (and it helps prevents chips too).  



Also, I must say that we didn't have nail dryers, but the Salon Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops ($7 at drugstores) worked like a charm, and they're totally non-greasy like some of those dry and go sprays. 

So thanks to manicurists, Nancy and Heather from the Nail Candy Salon, we all had beautiful nails by the end of the event and were full with wine as well as yummy red velvet cupcakes and hors d'oeuvres from Ithaca Bakery.  Plus, I managed to convert my college apartment into a festive pink party environment.  Overall, I had such a great time, so thank you to all of my friends at Cornell who attended! 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica, Love this post! I think you would enjoy our Sally Hansen Triple Shine Challenge. Your pics are awesome and would rock the competition. Take a look: www.preen.me/tripleshine

    ReplyDelete